Friday, November 19, 2010

He's Home!

It's been almost a week now since Phil came home. It's been such a relief! We're getting back into our own feeling of normal. The day of his homecoming was quite a day!
We woke up at 4:30 in the morning and hustled to get ready and out the door. Once we got there we waited... and waited...
...and waited!
Finally guys started to come in. I started to cry. I couldn't help myself.
I saw all of the guys I know come in. I pointed some in the direction of their family and kept waiting. The boys were so impatient. They couldn't wait for Daddy to get there!
Finally... we saw him.
It was still so crazy with all sorts of people coming in and going out and moving all around.
I held it together perfectly fine... until I saw this:
and this:
I tried to give them time. After all, they have been missing Phil so much lately. I wanted them to have their moment.
Of course they couldn't have him all to themselves forever.
And then there was the kiss. The one and only kiss that could make almost 7 months of deployment okay.
Yep. That was one good kiss!
Then it was time to return to functioning as a 4 person family.
And that is really what we've been doing ever since!

No comments: