Saturday, March 26, 2011

30 Things Before I Turn 30

This summer I'll be crossing the threshold into the wonderful land of my 30's (being optimistic here).
It's definitely a milestone. I'm not particularly dreading or fond of the idea of turning 30. Kinda seems like just another year passing so I tried to come up with some sort of list of things I would like to do before I turn 30. Unfortunately the only things I could come up with that wouldn't require a substantial amount of money (for places I'd love to visit and whatnot) were things I have yet to try to make myself.
So I guess that's what I'll do. I've started a list of the things I have yet to try to make myself or things I made a long long time ago that I'd like to give another go. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

1. Bagels
2. Sally Lunn bread
3. Butter
4. Pineapple pie
5. Naan bread
6. Tortilla soup
7. Barbecue sauce
8. Strawberry strawberry cheesecake
9. Chocolate chip baked donuts
10. Smothered chicken and biscuits
11. Olive bread (mostly for Phil since I'm not a huge green olive fan)
12. Boston Cream Pie
13. Sweet potato biscuits
14. Bread pudding
15. Tres leches cake
16. Spritz cookies (I have never been able to get these to work properly)
17. Eskai's recipe for vanilla ice cream
18. Paella
19. Chicken and dumplings completely from scratch
20. Caramels
21. Double Fudge Oreo Cookies
22. Rum cake
23. Marshmallows
24. Hmmm... I'll have to add to this as I think of things...
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.

2 comments:

Kathryn Smith said...

Oooh, tres leches cake...you just sparked a craving!

Mike, Eskai, Sarai and Jadon said...

What a great idea! And I feel so special that I made the list :-) Just an idea but we made my homemade ice cream recipe a few summers ago but we added strawberries. It was probably some of the best homemade ice cream I have ever had! And I know you guys like to pick fresh strawberries ;-) Also, Annie's has some great homemade ice cream recipes. You should check them out. Hope you guys are doing well :-)