Monday, March 24, 2008

Moving... again

It is getting closer and more real by the day now. We're trying to get our projects in the house finished up as much as possible to get it listed so hopefully sometime between then and July the house will sell and sell well in a bad market.
I am lucky enough to have a boss who understands the Easter rush and allotted today off so we could catch up, which was definitely needed! Phil and I sat down and talked for a while (as well as two grown ups can when constant interruptions of whining or crying and the like). We have to get our move paperwork submitted. We're still 4 months out from the move date and they want to know our plans. For an average family I suppose they would have already made all sorts of arrangements and preparation, but for me, who is counting this as number 4 move in the 5 years we've been married, I have done very little.
There are all sorts of complications to this move we've never dealt with before which is slowing the process down for me. First of all, I'm not a huge fan of the place we're moving too. I have very few good memories from the last time we were there. Mind you, I am SUPER motivated to get out of this snow, but not terribly enthusiastic about moving to the heat and humidity I experienced first-hand during my first pregnancy. All the other complications are more related to the fact that we have no idea when our house will sell and it's hard to set concrete dates around an unknown one.
Actually, because of that we had to choose to move a different way then we ever have before. We'll be on our own this time to make all the arrangements. Every other time we just told the Navy moving office our dates to have things picked up then our dates to have it dropped off. We'd sign the papers and stand back while they took over our house and took away all our belongings (aside from some clothes and a few toys, of course). This time we will have to do that all ourselves.
During this long talk we had this afternoon, Phil helped me realize that I have officially become a worry wart. Why? Because I want to control things and make them predictable. Has it ever worked?? No. You would think I would have learned by now. I'm going to have to start reminding myself everyday that no matter how much or little I feel I've gotten done that day that God is still the One ultimately in control of that particular day. Stressing over how much or how little I'm getting done is not going to put me in control and it's certainly not going to help me get anything more accomplished or accomplished more quickly.
Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Matthew 6:34 MSG

1 comment:

Anne said...

I am really going to miss you guys!