Sunday, January 4, 2009

Gone Again

It's 2:30 and the boys are just now having lunch. We dropped Phil off at noon and have been piddling around doing a whole lot of nothing but procrastinating going home. There's something about coming home and seeing his bags missing in the living room, the medicine cabinet empty on his part, mostly empty drawers where clothes used to be that is so sad. We hear rumor we might get to see him this weekend, or it might not be until the next, but it will be soon. Theoretically I should be good at all this goodbye stuff with how much practice we've gotten over the years. Maybe we are better at this then other people who don't have to go through it regularly; I don't know. All I know is today is sad and we're trying to make the best of it. Some of the piddling we did was getting supplies so I can start working on tearing down the wallpaper in our bathrooms. I've got a list of things to do to keep me busy (which I find to be the best weapon against depression) and a couple of things on the calendar to go to. I'm still adjusting to this whole in and out thing, so please be praying for all of us. Jeremiah broke down in Lowe's today. I thought it was that he didn't want to be in the cart, just to have him say, "Daddy...". How do you console that? With a hug and a shared tear was the best I could come up with. Time for the boys to try and take a nap and for me to start working on the bathroom. Do me a favor and hug your hubby for me today!

1 comment:

Amber said...

My heart is breaking for you today... "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

And I will hug Brian for you... :)