Friday, January 16, 2009

This Week's Cake

I was hired to make a baby shower cake for this weekend. I just finished it! It's not perfect, but I like it. It's been a several day project and I'm still going to reposition a few things, but this is the gist of it, for the most part. The zebra is definitely my favorite of this grouping. I guess I will continue to bore you with my cake creations after all. I just end up so darn proud of them after spending so many hours on each one.
Just a side note for those interested: those palm trees took me hours to do. I did the texture along the trunk by actually layering pieces of gumpaste. I think next time I'll take an easier route!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Absolutely amazing, Nicole! And respecting the time-intensive work you had to do on the tree trunks, I LOVE them! It's hard for me to decide whether I like the zebra or the lion better. :)