Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birrday, Mommy

What an eventful weekend! We took a trip to Chicago finally (now that we've lived here for more then 3 years) to try and catch some of the sites. We chose a horrible day to go! We sat it traffic for hours just trying to get in. Long enough to make Joshua car sick and... well... we'll say his car seat is in the kitchen waiting to be cleaned. Yuck! Great way to start the day, right? Josh has a brand new outfit now, though! We finally found a place to park and were able to walk through Lincoln Park Zoo, hit up Molly's Cupcakes (a place I've been wanting to try) and see some of the city from the truck. We're hoping for another weekday trip down there to see Navy Pier and all that when the parking isn't full or storming outside. In the mean time, here are some pictures from this weekend...




This part was called the barn at the zoo. Very cool!
Sorry this one is sideways still...



On the way home the traffic was horrendous again so we stopped off somewhere for pizza. The place we chose just happened to have 2 fire trucks full of firemen come in while we were waiting. Josh went over to say hello so they let him check out the truck.
Somewhat inspired by our trip to Molly's I decided to make my own version for the youth to sell at the cafe' Sunday morning. I think I did alright. They were so yummy! Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter inside, ganache frosting and toffee topping. More please?? Mine is on the left, Molly's on the right.


So I'm officially 27 now. "Late 20's," we'll say. Saturday night I sat and looked through some old photo albums and realized I'm not 21 anymore. When did that happen? I've been so busy enjoying life I completely lost track of how much time has been passing. Not feeling "old" yet, but have definitely noticed that I'm a different person then I was a few years ago. We've gotten to do a lot in the last few years and I'm really grateful for that! If aging is the cost of getting to do all these great things, I'm willing to pay it. And there's always my consolation that no matter how old I get, Phil will always be older!

1 comment:

Mike, Eskai, Sarai and Jadon said...

Amen sister! As I stare 30 in the face very soon, I just remind myself that Mike is older :-) Sounds like you guys had fun downtown celebrating your birthday. I want to get down to the Lincoln Park Zoo but you guys should definately do Navy Pier! We went a few weeks ago and decided to take the Metra down and then took the free trolley to the pier. It was soooooooo worth it! How old is Joshua? Because 3 and under ride free with a paid adult on the Metra and on weekends, you can ride all day Saturday and Sunday for $5! If you want more details, just let me know! Thanks again for the help with Sarai's cake.