Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Sign

"Calm waters do not make skilled sailors."

On my drive to Kenosha this morning I came across this saying on a sign for a Baptist church. They usually have cute witty sayings on their sign out front, but this is the first one I've seen that made me cry. Most of my reaction was due much more to our circumstances then the cleverness of the sign, but it was still an effective reminder. Times are difficult for us right now due to this major transition we're encountering and that is okay. I shouldn't expect life to always be trial-free. Frustrating times don't mean that there is necessarily anything wrong. A life without those would be a life with no growth. Getting through this time is making us better people with a stronger marriage and a stronger family. Who would ever choose to give that up?

No comments: