Sunday, March 15, 2009

Almost Done

This is our last weekend together before Phil graduates from this particular school. There will be another later, but we will get a break at least for now. Phil will be gone a lot for the next couple of weeks and we would really appreciate you praying for him as he completes his last tests for this school.
In the mean time, I'm still absorbing myself in the letters between Abigail and John Adams and finding companions on this journey of togetherness and separation.
"Every day of ye time I have mournd the absence of my friend, and felt a vacancy in heart which nothing, nothing can supply. In vain the spring blooms or the birds sing, their musick has not its formour melody, nor the spring its usual pleasures. I look around with a melancholy delight and sigh for my absent partner." Abigail to John, May of 1777
I can't wait to be back together again for more then just a weekend. So much gets missed during the weeks. I know we'll be spending a lot more time apart while we are stationed here, but for now, my focus is two weeks away and getting through until then.

No comments: