Friday, July 11, 2008

In the last couple days we've had some good things happen for Phil and myself. We found out with all the credits Phil can count for college from his professional experience (they have a special program for this for Navy people) he's only 5 classes away from an associates degree! He'll start working on those classes next month. We're so excited he'll be able to accomplish something that has been helped along so much by his experience!
I started teaching Wilton Course 1 last night. I had 5 students total. They seemed to have a good time and laughed with me and seemed pretty relaxed overall considering it was my first time doing it (I didn't tell them that, of course). The first week seems to be pretty much the hardest for the teacher, so the hardest part is behind me, yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what great news for Phil. He must have been pretty excited to find that out.
I am so happy for you that your first class ran so smoothly. You're probably right. The first time is always the hardest so it should be downhill from here, right. Just kidding, I know there will be some interesting times but will be worth the energy. It will only make you learn more yourself. If you were here I would suggest you teach a class at the church. I am sure there are some of the ladies that would take it. I am so proud of you.