Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Latest Project

Last night I had some very weird dreams. I'll save you the unfortunate details, but all in all it made me realize just how little we've done to this house since we've moved in... even though so many things had irritated me beyond belief. One of those things was the bathroom flooring. Both bathrooms were awful, but mostly the spare bathroom. Rosy colored rose diamonds? Really did not go with our pirate theme in there! Here is what it looked like when we first moved in. It's the first bathroom you see. I know the flooring isn't really clear. I was probably trying to hide it from pure embarrassment.
So today I picked up some ridiculously inexpensive linoleum floor tiles. I tore up the old ones and magically found what has been making an irritating odor in our bathroom since we moved in. Moisture and mold under the tiles that were already there. At my brothers advice I've had a fan in there all day. I'll put a space heater in tonight and hopefully tomorrow it will be nice and dry so I can finish up my project and get a wax seal on it.
This isn't how we'd like it to permanently end up looking, but I'm feeling a lot better about it then I did when it had roses all over.

1 comment:

Mom said...

WOW, what an improvement. It looks so much better. Good job!