Saturday, July 3, 2010

Morning in the Country

This morning we headed out to Pungo again. We had plans to pick blueberries which turned out to be not ripe yet.
We did find more blackberries to pick... and a million dragonflies! They were beautiful in a weird buggy way.
 These berries were huge! A mouthful in each berry.
 Blackberry pie is on the list for this week. We'll see what else can figure out to make with these ones.

We also stopped by a couple farm stands to get some fresh produce for our meals this weekend. These peaches are delicious!! I bought 4 on a whim. They weren't on the list. I only have 3 more. They're from North Carolina and the boys and I will be driving down there later this month to hang out with family for a while. I might just eat my entire weight in peaches while I'm there.

This is a little farm playhouse they have set up at one of the stands for the kiddos to play in.

They also had this. The Californian in me has to call it a bean bag toss. Sorry rest of the world who calls it something else. I just can't think of what it's really called right now.

Joshua also bought me flowers. They were a buck. I couldn't resist!

In closing, happy 4th of  July.
A special thank you to all the military men and their families for the sacrifices made to enable us all to live in such a country. As much as we would all prefer peace, sometimes it's worth it to stir the pot and all the policies and papers in the world could never have won us our freedom by itself.

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.  
~Elmer Davis

No comments: