Sunday, May 2, 2010

O Shenando....

While my parents were visiting Phil was on his pre-deployment leave (time off). We decided to take a little trip during that time. We were able to get out of Virginia Beach and headed toward the Blue Ridge Mountains and spent a few days in Shenandoah Valley. It was beautiful!
Phil and I headed up a day ahead of my folks and the boys. We had dinner out, drove the scenic byway and hiked a little bit. It was so relaxing and beautiful!
The one downside to being so far out? NO cell reception for us at all! Made it a little difficult to coordinate meeting up with my parents. It all worked out eventually, of course.
We relaxed and breathed some clean air. We also visited this cool place (yes, I just said "cool" and I know that totally dates me) called Luray Caverns.
 We are now the proud owners of boys who know the difference between stalactites and stalagmites!

The roads out there seem to all be twisty and turny. Nice for a vacation but not sure I'd like to drive it all the time.
When we finally headed home we got to bring home with us a 30 year old Daddy!
Arthur was pretty glad to get to tag along as well!

No comments: